How do you decide whether you should build a native mobile app or a responsive mobile site or the flavors in between? After searching online for a tool to help organize this decision making process and not finding anything, I decided to create a “decision grid” (see below) to simplify this process. My aim is to help you make a good decision, whether you are a mobile startup, moving to mobile or a business utilizing a “mobile first” strategy. We wrote a post about the broad considerations a while ago but this post will simplify it further.
NOTE: A tick means a clear preference for that option. An asterisk means that the option would work but is not the obvious choice. No tick, of course, means that the option is not preferred if that particular criterion is important to you.
- Why Web Apps Will Crush Native Apps
- Why Native Apps Would Win An Epic Battle Against Web Apps
- Mobile App vs Mobile Website Design: Your Four Options
- How To Succeed With Your Mobile App
- Mobile Considerations In User Experience Design: “Web or Native?”
Was this helpful? Have a follow-up question? Drop a note in the comment section below.
Need help deciding whether or not mobile is right for you? Give us a holler.